Skip to main content

Surviving in Limerick, Ireland as a Malaysian

    Hello. How're things? Everything is good here. So, to the main topic, how's life in Ireland? It's great. My wife and I are adapting with the new situation of ours. So, every weekday I'll be working at the semiconductor company from 9am to 5.30pm and after work, I'll just go straight back home. Eat dinner that my wife cooks and hang around (mostly playing games or watching movies). Sometimes I would buy takeouts from a place called the Pizza Planet II, it's a Muslim pizza store that sells burgers and doner kebabs. It's a good place for takeouts anyway. Good price.

    Well, over the weekend, what we usually do is that we have our breakfast at home. We go out and hop on a bus towards the city center. The bus we usually hop in are the 304 Bus. It'll go straight towards the city center. Once at the city center, we'll walk to 24-7 shop for pre-lunch or brunch. It's a halal food store that sells pizza, burgers, kebabs and chicken fillet sorts of stuff. It's quite okay. The price is quite pricey though as it's in the city.


    After that, we would normally walk across the road to a Muslim butcher store, Khan Supermarket. It's fairly cheap, I think. Here, we would buy some chickens which usually around 5.00EUR for 4 drumsticks and 2 breasts & also we would buy some boneless beef around 10.00EUR per kilo. Also, my wife would take a few extra stuffs for cooking, maybe like chili or any spices. The chickens and the beef would usually sustain for like two weeks or so, depends on how cold the weather is and how hungry are we. In the store, they have loads of cooking stuff. Spices, herbs, meats, fishes, vegetables & frozen foods as well. Oh yeah, we would also buy the frozen chicken frankfurter, the price is around 2.50EUR. After all the purchase is done, we would walk down the road to go to another shop for restocking.

    
    Cheong Heng Hong Oriental Supermarket! My wife goes crazy in this store because they sell dried chili here! There're two types of packs, the 100g pack and the 1kg pack. 100g pack is around 2.00EUR and the 1kg pack is around 16.00EUR. We usually buy the 100g pack. The 1kg saves much more but the bag is too big to be carried on the bus. After this, we would just go to Tesco at Arthur's Quay for more stuff to buy. That is where we shop the most. Shampoos, soaps, tissues, all that stuff. It's better if you have a Tesco Clubcard as it helps so much with the discounts. Previously me and me wife scanned a few items, and the price was around 60EUR, then I scanned my Clubcard using my phone, it reduces the price by 20EUR. So, we had to pay just 40EUR. That's 40EUR discount. That's madness. It saves us a lot! So, if anybody's thinking about living here, register for the Tesco Clubcard.

    After all the purchases, we would wait the bus at the O'Connell street to go back home towards Raheen area. Buses fee around 1.90EUR but by having a leap card, the fee is around 1.35EUR. That kind of saves a little bit. It saves a lot for regular bus users. Well, that's just about it. That's how usually my Saturday goes. Well for Sunday, we would just grab some coffee at Centra and walk to the Crescent Shopping Centre. It's about 30 minutes' walk to Crescent. Just a non-radical exercising. Oh yeah, forgot to mention. There's a Muslim butcher shop as well from Raheen towards the Crescent that we would normally stop by just for a Barbican drink and halal jelly sweets. The shop is named Good Foods. They sell halal meat for reasonable price as well. Kind of cheaper than Khan's supermarket. Well, I got to go. I'll write more if there's anything to write. Take care now. Bye.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love

     Assalamualaikum. Good morning.       " What do you mean? Do you wish me a good morning, or mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not; or that you feel good this morning; or that it is a morning to be good on? " - Gandalf from the The Hobbit      I am not well. Not physically but mentally. I feel like gonna jump out of my skin. I feel the loneliness. Oh yes, I am right now single. Just broken up with a girl that I thought I could commit but I can't. She just not for me. Her ways are not for me. Actually before that I've broken up with the perfect girl that I've been together since form 2. Last year, I felt the love wasn't sparked anymore. I felt like the fire burnt out. What is wrong with me? I dropped a dime and I feel miserable because I dropped it. I shot a hole through everything I loved. I burnt my own castle and I feel miserable. Why did I did that? Allah has mysterious ways of showing me the light. I still couldn't reach it.

Red Dead Redemption 2

      Hello. What's the craic. I'm at work now. Writing this post. As the title name, this post is about Red Dead Redemption 2. It's not just about RDR2. It's about game. This post is kinda different for what I normally write which are about my past or my feelings or what I want in the future. This post is just about gaming. So let's start typing and you guys start reading.     Past few weeks ago, I played God of War 2018. I achieved 100% achievements on it and the game is amazing. I didn't say was as it still is in my deep suppressed thoughts. It is an amazing game. The combat, the orchestral music, the story. Don't get me started on the story. It's an amazing experience! After I finished God of War, I felt some emptiness of trying to find the next game that I wanted to play. Some people would call it the "Post Witcher 3 Depression" syndrome. It's where gamers are unable to find a game that is up to par with the last game he played. It'

College of Mara Kulim Part 1

     Assalammualaikum and good morning or evening, depends on where you are. I want to babble about my journey entering College of Mara Kulim. Yes, Finally I'm a college student! First day of registration, I had no help from my parents. All they did were sending me and waited for me to finished the registration. I had to do everything myself. Some parents might saw that was kind of harsh but I know that they did that for me to be independent. I had to carry my own bags and everything. I met new people. Various kind of Malays from other states. Most of them are from Terengganu. The first two person I greeted were Faiz and Hadi. Both of them are assholes but cheerful. Then, there was this dude who lives in Kulim but previously lived in Kelantan. His name is Adrian. The accommodation is a dorm full with cubes. One cube can fit only two beds. My cube-mate is from Sungai Petani which means he lives near my house. When I meant near, I meant by very near. He lives in Taman Ria Jaya. Very