Skip to main content

Italy

    It's 4 o'clock in the morning. My wife woke me up and she already have taken a bath. I'm so tired because the previous night, I slept late, tinkering with my PC. Woke up, straight to the bathroom and let me tell you, 4 am in the morning, it's outrageously cold in December in Ireland. Took a dump, had a bath and all prepared to go to Arthur's Quay to grab a bus to Dublin Airport. We arrived at Dublin Airport around 7 or 8 am. Checked in and sorted. My wife was really looking forward for us to have our long waited vacation. By 11 or noon time, we've arrived in Rome.

    Rome. I've been dreaming about going to Rome, no, Italy, since I was a child playing Assassin's Creed 2 on my computer and in the December 2023, I achieved that dream. I was so excited to see the buildings, the architectures, the ambience of Italy. Not a lot of people like to go to Italy as they said that the Italians are a bit snobby and arrogant but for us, we had a craic of a time in Italy. The people are nice. Sorry, the people we met are nice people except the foreigners in Italy, they're a bit snobby as the people say. The Italians are quite nice people. It's easy to get around in Italy, if we get lost, we asked around and nobody treat us differently or bad. I don't know what kind of people they meet but the ones we met are nice people.

    Okay, coming back to Rome story. Once arrived, we straight went to our hotel to drop our bags and luggage, and freshen up a bit. 3 hours on flight and I've slept the whole way. Bought some lunch to eat at the hotel as well. I completely forget what did we buy for lunch. Anyway, had lunch, freshen up and went out. Our hotel was in an area called Roma Trastevere. Close to the train station, easy access to Rome city and other places. That's why I've picked that hotel. It's a 2 minute walk from the train station to the hotel. So, not too bad with our bags and luggage. The hotel is okay, nothing worthy to write story about. Standard hotel, okay bedroom, okay bathroom kind of situation. Walked around the train station and spot a small coffee shop at the corner of the road junction called 'Kebab Station'. I know it sounds weird, a kebab shop selling coffee but the coffee is super good and super cheap! Super cheap! I can't stress that enough. Latte costs around 70 cents. In Limerick, a latte costs around 2.50EUR. After some rest at the coffee shop, bought dinner and straight went back to the hotel. Irfan and Siti arrived sometime during night time, we couldn't stay up late to wait for them. So we decided to tuck in early and meet them the next day.

    The next day, Irfan and Siti were waiting for us at the lobby. After that, we all went to the same coffee shop before and had breakfast. After filling up on coffee, we took a train to Rome city, where all the tourist stuff. We dropped in somewhere near Colosseum and that is the first ancient building that I saw in my whole life. It was amazing. The view is superb. I was so excited at that time and I really couldn't hide my joy. We quickly walked towards Colosseum because really, I couldn't contain my own excitement. I've been climbing the Colosseum when I was playing Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and it was surreal in game and I got to see it right in front of me. Well, if you live in Europe, that's not a big of a deal but if you live in Asia or somewhere where travelling to Europe can costs a lot of money, that moment was huge for me. My geek/nerd meter was high up. My wife could really see the joy in my face. First of all, when we went there, I thought like I was just want to see Colosseum from the outside as I know that the ticket price is fairly expensive for us but my wife, she knew that I want to go inside. We met a tourist guide who sells us fast lane tickets including with tour guide inside Colosseum. We booked the tickets and the tour starts about an hour. So we killed time by hanging out at the coffee shop in front of the Colosseum where we sat outside and enjoy the view whilst drinking our coffee. Then, we went into Colosseum and let me tell you, it was amazing! It was nothing like I saw in the documentaries or games or anything. It was surreal. It was simply amazing. The tour guide explained to us about the structures, the events that held there, the architectures. He really knew his stuff. After the sight seeing in the Colosseum, we went out and went to more historical places. Pantheon, Foro Romano, Campo de' Fiori, Piazza Navona and lastly, Vatican City. A day in Rome is not enough actually to see all the buildings but hey maybe next time we'll be there again.

    The next day, we took a train to Florence. The birth place of Ezio Auditore da Firenze (Yes, he's fictional). In Florence, I'll be writing a different post for this place. It's too much to write Florence in this post. I'll be writing in a different post then.

    After Florence, we went to Venice. We stayed a little bit far away from the main attraction of Venice. Venice is set by the sea but we stayed like 15 minutes drive away from Venice. It's in a cute glamping area called Hu Venezia. Irfan and Siti stayed in Venice city. The glamping is complete with restaurant, laundromat, huge swimming pool area, a trekking site, and a camping area. By the lobby, it has a gift shops. The receptionist is super nice and it's easy to book a cab straight from the site to the airport. The room is a small cabin like room in a container. They have different sizes but the room we picked is enough for both of us. The bathroom is huge. The room is a simple and beautiful. I like to visit that place again just for the location. It's in the forest, quiet, peace. Woke up to the sounds of bird chirping, tranquility as people say. The food in the restaurant was amazing. I've said amazing too much now, but bear with me. Malaysians eat pastas or pizzas in the way they make them like Malaysian style. So when we had the pastas there, it was different. I mean by good different. Was tempted to order one more except I was full up with chips. Okay, enough about the food. Let's talk about Venice city.

   Venice. It's different from the others. It's a city by the sea where there are no roads for the cars, just canals which is quite interesting. I don't like the smell that much. I love the sound of the peaceful canal. There are no GPS available in the city itself. You really have to navigate your way around the city by looking at the map and pinpoint your location. This is a good place where you know if you good at navigate your way by using a map which is interesting. Like other places, you just search the name of the place on your 'Google Map' and click on direction and you just follow the line. So it's a nice adventure and nice change of pace. The food in the city is... I can't say much because we eat kebabs and lebanese pizzas as it's kind of hard to walk around in Venice city so we stopped at the first halal restaurant that we found. So I can't judge on the food. The scenery, well, the main canal which is the huge canal with the huge bridge, that place was packed. Like super packed. It's cool though to see the shops on the bridge, like a proper shop. They have Prada store, Gucci, some few stores that sell souvenirs, Rolex, and other few brands that I know that they are expensives as shit but I don't the names that much. The city was full with people, well, couldn't blame much as we went there during winter break so that should be expected but there a few places in the city that is not packed as much which is good for me. After walking around, we decided that it's best to hit the hay back at the hotel/glamping site because the next day we had to catch a flight to London and spend the rest of our vacation in London. Which is another story for another post. I'll post some pictures of the vacation in an album page that I'm going to make for this blog/journal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love

     Assalamualaikum. Good morning.       " What do you mean? Do you wish me a good morning, or mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not; or that you feel good this morning; or that it is a morning to be good on? " - Gandalf from the The Hobbit      I am not well. Not physically but mentally. I feel like gonna jump out of my skin. I feel the loneliness. Oh yes, I am right now single. Just broken up with a girl that I thought I could commit but I can't. She just not for me. Her ways are not for me. Actually before that I've broken up with the perfect girl that I've been together since form 2. Last year, I felt the love wasn't sparked anymore. I felt like the fire burnt out. What is wrong with me? I dropped a dime and I feel miserable because I dropped it. I shot a hole through everything I loved. I burnt my own castle and I feel miserable. Why did I did that? Allah has mysterious ways of showing me the light. I still couldn't reach it.

Red Dead Redemption 2

      Hello. What's the craic. I'm at work now. Writing this post. As the title name, this post is about Red Dead Redemption 2. It's not just about RDR2. It's about game. This post is kinda different for what I normally write which are about my past or my feelings or what I want in the future. This post is just about gaming. So let's start typing and you guys start reading.     Past few weeks ago, I played God of War 2018. I achieved 100% achievements on it and the game is amazing. I didn't say was as it still is in my deep suppressed thoughts. It is an amazing game. The combat, the orchestral music, the story. Don't get me started on the story. It's an amazing experience! After I finished God of War, I felt some emptiness of trying to find the next game that I wanted to play. Some people would call it the "Post Witcher 3 Depression" syndrome. It's where gamers are unable to find a game that is up to par with the last game he played. It'

College of Mara Kulim Part 1

     Assalammualaikum and good morning or evening, depends on where you are. I want to babble about my journey entering College of Mara Kulim. Yes, Finally I'm a college student! First day of registration, I had no help from my parents. All they did were sending me and waited for me to finished the registration. I had to do everything myself. Some parents might saw that was kind of harsh but I know that they did that for me to be independent. I had to carry my own bags and everything. I met new people. Various kind of Malays from other states. Most of them are from Terengganu. The first two person I greeted were Faiz and Hadi. Both of them are assholes but cheerful. Then, there was this dude who lives in Kulim but previously lived in Kelantan. His name is Adrian. The accommodation is a dorm full with cubes. One cube can fit only two beds. My cube-mate is from Sungai Petani which means he lives near my house. When I meant near, I meant by very near. He lives in Taman Ria Jaya. Very